Rectangle Health Integration
Listed below are the steps to setup the integration with Rectangle Health and TDO Software.
This integration was implemented in TDO Version 12.238a. You must be running this version or higher in order to use this integration
1. When you receive your credit card reader you should follow the install procedures. When finished the machine should have been setup on COM port 3.
2. Go to Device Manager > Ports right click on the Ingenico device and choose Properties > Force COM port and make sure it’s using COM port 3. If you have another device already on COM port 3, you can assign the Ingenico to any single-digit port (1-9). Using a two-digit port number (10, 11, etc.) will not allow the device to work with TDO. You may need to restart your computer after making any port changes.
3. Open TDO
4. Go to the Setup > Site Configuration > Edit Control Table
5. Go to the Workstation Settings tab
6. On the bottom left you will find the Credit Card Settings
7. Select Rectangle Health from the Credit Card Company combo box
8. Select USB as the Connection Method.
9. In the Com Port text box put in the COM port the Ingenico device is connected to.
10. Now go to Setup > Site Configuration > Edit Doctor Information
11. About 2/3 down the page you will see Doctor-Location Setup
12. For each doctor and location, you can have a different Network Merchant account.
13. Select the doctor and location then insert your NMI Username/Password in the last two text boxes.
Receive Payment Instructions
1. Open a patient’s ledger and click ’Receive Payment’
2. Enter the payment information (Date, Amount Received, Payment From, Type of Payment [Credit Card], Reference, Procedure Reference, Doctor to credit, and Date of Service to Credit)
3. Click ’Process Rectangle Health’
4. The Rectangle payment processing window will open. Make sure the ’Amount’ field matches what you entered in TDO and DO NOT CHANGE IT. From here you have 3 options:
Select "Swipe/Chip", then have the customer insert or swipe their card into the PinPad. After processing completes, both the Rectangle window and the TDO ’Receive Payment’ window will automatically close, and the ledger will be updated.
Select "Manual", then enter the card information (cardholder first and last name, card number, CVV, expiration date [MMYY], and zipcode). Once you’ve verified that all the information is correct, click ’Process’.
After processing completes, both the Rectangle window and the TDO ’Receive Payment’ window will automatically close, and the ledger will be updated.
Rectangle offers a feature called the Vault, which allows you to securely store customer card information for later processing (e.g. for monthly payments on a payment plan). If you’re going to create a vault entry, do so before clicking ’Process’, as the Rectangle window will close automatically after payment processes.
To Create/Update a Vault Entry
1. Click ’Create / Update Vault’
2. Enter the card/cardholder information. The fields are color-coded to indicate which are required and which are only recommended.
3. The ’Vault ID’ field is customizable, and accepts alphanumeric characters. It is recommended that you set the ’Vault ID’ equal to the patient’s ID # (from the ’Patient’ tab in TDO).
Note: Check the ’Update’ box if you want to update an existing Vault entry.
To Process Payment on a Card Saved in the Vault
1. Select ’Vault’
2. Select the Vault ID of the card that you want to charge.
3. Verify that the correct card information is shown, then click ’Process’. After processing completes, both the Rectangle window and the TDO ’Receive Payment’ window will automatically close, and the ledger will be updated.
Most Common Return Codes in Retriever